Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sitting and Such.


Spencer is getting really big, really fast. Not necessarily size-wise, but... developmentally, I feel like.

Currently, he's between 15 and 16 pounds and 24 to 25 inches? Not certain, but he has his next well-baby visit and shots on Wednesday, so we'll be able to report then.

He has some really long hairs. Like, 3 inches long. They're funny. They stick straight up and you can really notice them in the sunlight.

He's really taking interest in people and movement around him. The other night, Jake came in, and talked to him, and left the room, and then I noticed Spencer was looking around the room to find him. He got a little mad, and I called to Jake to tell him, Jake came back, and SJ smiled. When Jake left again, Spencer began the search all over. It was pretty cute!

On Tuesday of last week, I got a wild hair, and let go of Spencer while he was sitting up. He stayed sitting up for 6 or 7 seconds. On Thursday, he sat up, unassisted, for almost 15 seconds! It doesn't sound like much, but when you've never sat on your own before, it's kind of a long time and a big deal, at least I think so.

But, he's only four months old, so I feel like he's already growing up way too fast! He's got amazing core strength already, too. And, he loves to stand. He can support his own weight for quite some time, and I just keep my hands around his torso so he doesn't fall. Ah! My tiny, big boy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment