Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sometimes it's just too much to face the day.

(Here he is, in my arms, trying to cover his face for a nap.)
SJ is a pretty funny little guy, in my opinion. He smiles and laughs at random things (as do all babies), and has pretty unintentional comedic timing (like when we were in a church meeting and pastor Lance was talking about the nursery, and as soon as he said the word "babies," SJ belched one of his loudest belches to date).
(He covered himself while at Jillian's, with his burp rags. I was at the doctor.)
He's a quirky little guy. He stretches just like his dad and I do, grunts all the time, and sleeps like... my siblings and I do, sometimes, where he just can't seem to handle his face being exposed.
(I guess it was too bright in our bedroom, since he wedged himself under his daddy's pillow.)
Now, I know this puts him at a higher risk for SIDS when his face is covered, so as soon as I notice it, I'm stalking him like a hawk to make sure he's breathing, and g
enerally uncover his face quickly if the blanket or whatever is heavy. But, sometimes, I just have to take a picture of him, first.
(Apparently, he didn't feel like watching the surroundings in his swing this morning, either.)

1 comments:

Rena said...

i can't sleep with anything near my face
and i like the second picture where it looks like he has no feet
and his pants are cute
in that same picture

Post a Comment