Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shower (and other stuff)!




Spencer, as you may or may not be aware of, LOVES his bath time. He could be the fussiest baby I know (okay, that's a lie, he's never reached that point), and you draw him a bath and stick him in his tub, and he's full of joy and happiness. It's amazing how a bath relaxes this little guy.

We found out a few weeks ago that he also enjoys a shower, too. He had pooped a nice big one while Jake was holding him, so Jake showered with him. Now, granted, at first, he screamed and wailed, but we figure that was the shock of the water smacking him in the face, and not long after, he was happy.

Last week, I decided to shower with SJ. I hadn't yet, and I really wanted to see how he reacted.

He LOVED it.

I laughed so hard, he was in my arms, smiling and talking, and trying his hardest to lick the stream of water coming from the shower head. Needless to say, he totally reminded me of a puppy. He was happy as could be throughout the entire shower, too, and loved being wrapped in a big towel on the bathroom floor- hence the photo from my cell phone.


This past weekend, Spencer had his first outing to the Empire Mall! Grandma Mindy and Travis brought SJ a stroller a few weeks ago, and we decided that it was a good time to break that out and go shopping.

He looked so tiny in the stroller! The stroller is pretty big, and, well, he's not. He slept for quite a while in it, until he was hungry. Later, when we were walking through the mall, he was all wide-eyed and smiles at the various stores and people. SO cute.

When we were in JCPenny for what felt like 234.3428397 days, one of the sales representatives said how cute he was, how alert, and well behaved.

I can't wait until spring (or when it's not -16 like it is today), when I can take him on walks around outside, even with Wendell! I'm sure he'll quite enjoy those.
Speaking of Wendell... Spencer is starting to really take notice in him. The other day, he was lying on my lap, and Wendell beside me, and he snuggled right up against Wendell and was rubbing his head on Wendell's fur. He was smiling and talking and laughing. It was so dang cute!! Now, if only Wendell would refrain from peeing on Spencer's things. He's now peed on his bouncy chair, and his play mat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment