Sunday, December 19, 2010

Flesners and Fenders.

Yesterday, Jake, Spencer, and I traveled to rural southwest Minnesota for my mother's family's Christmas gathering. We were joined by my cousin's twins, who were quite a delight to chauffeur. They sat in back on either side of Spencer, playing peek-a-boo with him... as he slept. They didn't care. They had a grand ol' time! They decorated his car seat with the bright orange Schwan's stickers. I wanted to take a picture, but by the time we arrived at our destination, they had been transfered from the car seat to the suburban windows, and then to their faces, hands, and arms. Ah, well.

The gathering was a great time. My mom, Spencer's Grandma Anita, was there when we arrived, so she took him immediately, and he was full of smiles for her! I was very happy. I had been telling her for weeks now that he is super smiley, and she would ask for pictures, but every time I would get my phone out, he'd get all serious on me. Go figure.

As usual, he was passed around from Great-Aunt to Great-Aunt, mostly with the help of his Auntie Allie (who is 11). She's a hoot. She even changes diapers, happily at that.

Everyone got to see his super cute diapers, including his new Charlie Banana style, "Under Construction."

Papa Web (my dad) showed up a little later than we expected, but Spencer was able to spend quality time on the couch with him as he snuggled up and slept against his chest, and then had a bottle. Everyone commented on how much he's grown, and how beautiful his blue eyes are, and how cute he is. I love hearing it. I wasn't sure I'd ever hear them talking about my baby, after all!

Too bad, I'm a slacker mommy and didn't take ANY pictures of him.

Anyway. When we go to church on Sundays, he goes to the nursery, and for the first time, he was awake in the nursery! The lady who was volunteering (who is pretty regular) was telling us how she was so excited to see him awake and be able to play with him. Though, he was sleeping by the time we picked him up.

And in other news, for the second time in his short life, Spencer was involved in a fender-bender (we should probably stop letting him drive, eh?) this afternoon. Some schmuck was not paying attention as he was going around a curve in a residential area and smushed his puny car into our beefy ol' suburban. Got a few scratches and bent parts on the monster of a truck, but we're all well. Barely woke Spencer up, actually, he just grunted and cried a little, then went back to sleep. The first time he was in one was a few weeks ago (he didn't have a blog then), and he and I were leaving Starbucks and someone in a dark car wasn't paying attention at a stop light and decided he/she should go forward while everyone else was noticing that the light was red. Barely affected the car but made a nice noise as it pushed us forward, and the driver sped off into the darkness. Ergh. I was so mad.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Papa Web said...

Ya He sure is growing I even got him to smile at me to, Maybe He was just happy he got to Poop on Papa Web's Lap HA HA, Oh No he was just happy to see me Waiting untill next time LOL DAD

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time! Cute diapers! :)

Post a Comment